Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Proposal

As promised I've found a place to house my proposal in pdf form.  Reading it back now it does seem a little bit too corporate for my liking.  By this I mean that it puts conflict between real world law and metaverse law at the forefront of the project.  The more I think about writing the constitution the more I'm drawn towards a more idealised conception of it.  I'd rather propose something that is potentially productive for the metaverse than something that solves a technical legal problem.  That being said conflict of laws won't be ignored, but it will merely form a small part of the project.

At the moment I'm working on the intellectual property clause.  To this end I'm going to a lecture this evening at the Berkman Center here at Harvard where David Weinberger is talking about what a copyright system would look like if built from the ground up for the digital world.  I think it should be a very productive evening.

No comments: